Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Liza Lou's Beaded Kitchen And Backyard

South Africa-based artist Liza Lou spent five years and millions of beads creating her kitchen and backyard installations.
Every element in her life-size kitchen is covered in millions of hand-glued glass beads, which she applied with a set of tweezers.
Every surface is covered with beads, from dirty dishes in a sink to a pie to a bag of Lays!

BACKYARD
For her backyard project,she used over thirty million beads! Most of them went into creating 250,000 blades of grass around the picnic table.
more pics @ http://www.lizalou.com/

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....I think I'd have gone blind doing this intricate work. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bling here, A little bling there.... Bling Bling everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing, but it's awesome! If I spent that much time on something, I'd just want to sit around and look at it, lol. Not even kidding. :)

    Happy weekend to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I can NOT even begin to imagine where to begin! I had to keep looking at each photo over and over! WOW!!!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speechless...thanks for sharing this...
    I got here from the comment you left on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, it's like a crazy Van Gogh painting! That's incredible!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must take a lot of time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope we can blog buddies.

    I was fortunate enough to see this installment at the Minneapolis Institute of Art a while back and it was absolutely amazing. I stood there and looked at everything for over an hour. I can't fathom the patience and attention to detail something like this would take to complete. Love it! Thanks for reminding me of something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are all awesome.. but that lawnmower is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW I love this- How talented!

    Jodi @ http://thenoiseofboys.com

    ReplyDelete