Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chiropractic


Ironically, it was yoga that screwed my back a couple of years ago in a feeble attempt to strike the 'wheel' pose.
The pain was not excruciating but I ended up with chronic lower back pain for quite some time. I hated the thought of physiotherapy and since the pain was tolerable, I endured it for more than 2 years. The pain gradually worsened. I had difficulty getting up after sitting for a long period of time. It was pretty embarrassing especially after a meal in a restaurant.The final straw was when a pally noticed that I was walking 'funny'. I hunched like an old lady. The thought of having to use a traction or surgery totally freaked me out and so I decided to see a chiropractor.
The first session was SCARY! Although it wasn't painful, I almost fainted in fear when I heard the cracking and popping noises as my jammed spinal column was adjusted. Flashes of my spine snapping into two went through my head! But after the third session, I was actually enjoying the sounds. Each 'pop' or 'crack' was music to my ears - it was the sound of my pain going away.
After the tenth session, my back was almost as good as new. It was liberating to be able to get up from a chair without causing a scene and to be able to do all the little things we take for granted.
Visiting the chiropractor was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Don't let pain be the only reason to visit a chiropractor. Chiropractic releases deep stress within your body/mind so you'll function better, permitting your natural healing ability, your inner healer, to function better.
That's why nearly every condition to which the flesh is heir has responded to chiropractic including ear infections, asthma, allergies, colic, bed-wetting, hearing problems, skin conditions, digestive and menstrual problems, infertility, spine and nerve pain, colds and flu, headache, sciatica, emotional and neurological conditions and many, many others.

CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME


In light of what's known about CTS, anyone suffering from it should see a chiropractor to ensure that their spine is free of spinal subluxations. A chiropractic spinal adjustment may be the difference between a pain-free wrist or surgery!

WOMEN'S WELLNESS

Menstrual & Premenstrual Problems
Many women who have suffered from a wide variety of pelvic, and gynaecological conditions including pain, PMS, bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunctions have discovered the natural benefits of chiropractic.

Infertility
For over a century, numerous case studies have been highlighting the fact that women who have been branded "infertile" or given a limited chance of ever becoming pregnant (even with in vitro fertilization) have been able to conceive, carry to term and deliver a healthy baby following chiropractic adjustments.

Hysterectomy
Over half of the hysterectomies performed each year in the US may be unnecessary. Few doctors warn their patients about the too common aftereffects of hysterectomy. Before any woman submits to this potentially damaging operation, if possible, she should explore non-surgical alternatives.

FOR HEALTHIER PETS

Animal chiropractors' have many stories of pets scheduled to be "put to sleep" who were brought back to health after chiropractic adjustments. When dealing with life and death decisions, please bring your pet to a chiropractor for a second (or third) opinion.

note: contact www.animalchiropractic.org for a veterinary chiropractor in your area

Disclaimer
The information contained in this article is intended to be for general interest, and should not be relied upon for specific conditions or complaints. You should always consult your GP or other healthcare practitioner for specific advice.

7 comments:

  1. Great and informative post - I remember going and getting an adjustment to my back and the cracking freaked me and I never went back!!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband used to go to a Chiropractor, and he always left there feeling so much better!! I've never gone to one, but I would if I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a chiropractor but it's interesting to know that it can benefit in quite a few areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all the creaks and cracks are scary- but it always feels fgood when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure that a chiropractor is a cure-all, but I do believe in alternative therapies. I went off my GERD meds and am now drinking apple cider vinegar 3 times a day. I can happily say that my symptoms have decreased incredibly!!! I'm almost afraid to tell people because it is so odd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's been a long time since I went to a chiropractor...you must go to a good one - or you're tainted for life!
    SB


    not too serious i hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea a chiroprator could help alleviate so many health concerns! Think it's time I looked into finding one for myself! Thank you for the information!

    ReplyDelete