Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

If At First You Don't Succeed .........

I've always been fascinated by the amazing things cookiers do with iced cookies. They are like the canvas of pastry. I used to think that icing cookies was a piece of cake! How wrong was I! Just getting the right consistency and texture can be quite frustrating and it doesn't help that I have clumsy fingers and a short concentration span. I guess, like everything else in life, it just takes lots of practice. And I mean LOTS!
Nutter Butter Bikinis

How are these for my half-baked attempts? You don't wanna see those failed ones!!
Looks like icing cookies is so not my thing. All that outlining, flooding and washing up! Well, at least I gave it a go.


A video by my fave cookier Sweetopia to share. I've watched tons of tutorials and this is really fantastic.

How to outline and fill in cookies with royal icing

7 comments:

  1. I think you did great!! It makes me long for sun, swimming, and the beach. :) Well...most things do, but the cookies are still cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutter Butter Bikinis....how unique!! Gotta love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some baking projects are hard to work with. They look so easy. I think cake pops are hard. I usually just make plain ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job!! i bake often and it takes a lot of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seldom bake,...you know me in the kitchen! I loved these tutorials. I especially liked the "Lacy Cookie" one. She makes it look easy, even cleaning up her little mistakes. That just gave me the feeling I would be covered in icing and licking my fingers constantly. haaha Your cookies look just like the pictures from last week. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could look like the shape that Nutter Butter cookie has. Then I might wear a bikini

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job icing - love 'em! I haven't tried icing cookies for years ... but I have a distant memory of it being a complete disaster when I did try! The good side of that is that it made me more appreciative of other people's talents :)

    ReplyDelete